Monday, September 1, 2008

The First Post

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm writing this blog for just myself, but I do hope that others will find it and use it. In any case, if you're reading this, welcome to "The Mystery of My Infertile Womb." I created it to help myself and hopefully others. My hope is that it will help me to keep my thoughts and notes organized on the topic/total mystery of infertility, and perhaps snag some useful, helpful comments from others who are dealing with or have dealt with infertility.

Quickly about me: I have a 3-year-old son, who especially now more than ever, is one of my greatest blessings in life. My husband and I conceived our son without much problem or incident after about four months of trying. So I assumed that we'd be able to have as many children as we wanted without a problem. Unfortunately, that assumption was WRONG!

We've been trying for our second child for about 2.5 years now, and the closest we've come is a few very early failed pregnancies, so early that I don't think a pregnancy test would have even come out positive. Two months ago I started going to a fertility doctor, and this is what I plan on chronicling in this blog. I really hope that I will become pregnant soon with our next child. (I guess that's obvious.) Of course, I've been hoping for that for a few years, so in the meantime, I feel like this blog is something I can use as a sounding board, journal, and investigative tool, and hopefully my doctor and I will be able to crack the case of the mystery of my infertile womb.

No comments: