Thursday, September 4, 2008

Late Period

My period is a day or two late, but I'm not getting excited about it and I'm definitely not taking a pregnancy test! I've fallen into that trap too many times. The negative result without fail makes me feel so sad, so I don't even use them now. The period always comes. When it's late, I've learned to work hard not to let my hopes get up, which has proven to be a pretty good defense mechanism that helps me to steel myself against disappointment when it does come. I hate periods! They take on a whole new meaning, a worse one than usual, when you are trying to conceive a baby!

1 comment:

Fruitful Harvest said...

I hear ya girl~
I've been in the same boat for 2yrs now. I did get a postive test after 17 months of TTC only to miscarry 8 weeks later!

Peace,
Georgiann